It’s hot outside! And that can be dangerous for our furry friends. Best Dog Backpack can easily in Travel, especially during the summer months. That’s why it’s important to take some simple precautions to help keep them cool and safe. In this blog post, we will discuss some easy tips for keeping your pets safe and comfortable during the hot summer days!
- Provide your pet with plenty of fresh, cool water. Place several bowls of water around your home and yard, and consider investing in a pet water fountain. www.modernpetsliving.com offers a great selection of heat insulated, ceramic, and automatic pet bowls. Many of them are customizable for a one of a kind bowl.
- Make sure your pet has access to shade at all times. Set up a shady spot in your yard or on your patio, and place a portable shade canopy over it.
- If possible, keep your pet indoors during the hottest hours of the day. If they must be outdoors, provide them with a well-ventilated shelter that is out of direct sunlight.
- Keep your pets off the asphalt. Asphalt can be up to 50 degrees hotter than the surrounding air temperature. For example: 86 degrees becomes 135 on asphalt. If you must take them out, make sure they wear insulated pet shoes/booties.
- Consider using a cooling mat or bed. These mats are filled with water or gel and can help to lower your pet’s body temperature.
- Never leave your pet in a parked car, even for a short period of time. The inside of a car can heat up very quickly, and this can be dangerous or even fatal for your pet.
- If your pet is going to be outdoors for an extended period of time, consider giving them a cooling vest or coat. These coats are filled with water and help to lower your pet’s body temperature.
- Ventilation is key. If you are traveling with your pet, or simply taking them to the pet store, make sure there’s plenty of airflow to keep them from getting too hot. Modern Pets just rolled out a new pet carrier collection that is both fashionable, sustainable, and easy to clean.
By following these simple tips, you can help to keep your pet safe and cool during the hot summer days!
Do you have any other tips for keeping pets safe in the heat? Let us know in on Instagram @modernpetsliving