The responsibility for choosing the type of feeding lies directly with the owner, so he needs to understand the features of the final option. There are advantages and disadvantages to both the homemade diet and see ratings of Chewy brands about dry Chewy dog food.
A diet consisting solely of dry croquettes seems sparse and monotonous. Because of this, many owners try to supplement it with something else, not taking into account the danger of such a decision.
Can I feed my dog dry Chewy dog food alone?
To begin with, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the positive and negative sides of a dry diet. See what points are relevant for you, and do not forget to take them into account when making a final decision.
There are many benefits to dry food. These include:
- The balance of the composition. Industrial feed manufacturers make up a product recipe that includes not only the right amount of proteins and fats depending on the type, age and other characteristics, but also vitamins, minerals and nutraceutical supplements that are beneficial for the body. For this reason, they do not need to be purchased separately.
- Saving time. Ready meals make life easier. The owner does not need to make a menu for the week or stand at the stove after work.
- Ease of dosage. The norms have already been calculated by the manufacturer and fixed on the packaging.
- Variety of species. Feeds differ not only in texture, but also in their functional features. Thanks to this, you can choose an option by age, breed, activity or health status.
- Ease of transportation. Croquettes do not take up much space, so they are easy to take with you on the road using storage containers.
- Profitability. The price of commercial feed depends on the quantity of ingredients, quality of raw materials, preparation methods and many other factors, which can make it seem high. However, dry Chewy dog food is a concentrated source of nutrients, which means it will last for a long time. You can also save on vitamin and mineral supplements. As the experience of many owners says, preparing a home-made diet according to a properly prepared menu in advance can cost no less.
Thus, feeding with industrial rations is convenient, useful and completely safe.
Can it be mixed with other products?
As mentioned above, there is no need to add additional products. Despite this, the combination of dry and wet product of the same brand is quite acceptable as well as when switching from one diet to another.
With wet Chewy dog food
Canned Chewy dog food and pouches are very popular. Moreover, a combination of dry and wet diets is considered the most appropriate type of feeding. Dry Chewy food improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, prevents the formation of plaque and has a higher calorie content. A wet diet prevents obesity.
It is important to follow the rules of feeding dry and wet diets. You should not mix both types of wet Chewy dog food in one bowl it is better to separate them into different feedings, for example, give dry food in the morning and wet food in the evening.